In the UK smoking remains the most preventable cause of premature death, ill health and health inequality. People that smoke or are exposed to secondhand smoke are increasing their risk of developing various serious health problems including cancer, coronary heart disease, stroke and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
View the latest data by clicking on the indicators below:
- A Health Equity Audit of the Live Life Better Derbyshire smoking cessation service (April 2019 to March 2021)
- Impact of smoking in Derbyshire (pdf)
- Evidence map – Smoking Cessation Innovative Practice(pdf)
- Cardiovascular Disease Health Needs Assessment
- Tobacco Control Health Needs assessment
- Tobacco Control Health Needs Assessment- Slide deck